* 1 kg whole medium green prawns peeled and de-veined.
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 red capsicum, chopped
* 2 medium tomatoes
* ï¿½ cup frozen peas
* 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
* 4 cups of chicken stock
* ï¿½ cup of olive oil
* ï¿½ teaspoon saffron, soaked in 2 tablespoons of hot water
* 2 cups of uncooked long-grain rice
* 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat oil in a large fry pan, add onion, garlic and capsicum and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then stir in rice and mix well.
Add stock, saffron and tomatoes. Mix well and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes without stirring.
Add prawns and peas on top of rice, cover fry pan and cook for a further 10 minutes or until rice is tender and stock absorbed.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.