- Keep the seafood cool and moist. This reduces the stress associated with being stored in air. The tempreature to which it is cooled depends on the tolerance of the species. Make sure you have a relibale thermometer.
- Keep the seafood out of bright light as this may cause stress and reduce survival rates.
- Do not disturb the seafood.
- Do not cool the seafood so much that you kill it with cold. Different species have different cold tolerances.
- Do not allow the seafood to come into direct contact with ice.
- Do comply with and relevant animal welfare requirements.