This recipe comes courtesy of the Cone Bay Barramunid website
6x180g skin on Cone Bay Barramundi
100g plain flour
100g brown onion diced
2 garlic cloves chopped
200g risotto rice
100g zucchini diced
100g red capsicum diced
100g eggplant diced
100g pumpkin diced
100g tomatoes diced
750ml chicken stock
200ml olive oil
salt and pepper
50g chopped parsley
1) Heat frying pan with 5ml olive oil and sauté zucchini till semi cooked. Do the same with eggplant, capsicum and pumpkin, set
aside separately and let cool.
2) In a separate heavy based pot heat 100ml of oil and fry off onion and garlic, when transparent add rice till it cracks (about 5
mins). Add a quarter of the stock, stir until absorbed. Repeat this process once more then add vegetables, tomatoes, parsley and
most of the stock. After about 10 mins remember to start the fish.
3) Place your heavy based frying pan onto the stove top and turn gas on to medium high, heat the pan for about 3 to 5 mins or until
just starting to smoke.
4) Season the fish with salt and pepper and roll each portion in the flour, being sure to dust of excess flour.
5) Put some oil in the pan and place it non skin side down first, cooking for around 2 to 3 mins depending on size of fillet, then turn
to put the skin side down for a further 3 to 4 mins
6) Handy tip: If you’re unsure about this. pre heat the oven for around 20 mins at 180 degrees and finish it in the oven for a couple of
7) Once the fish is almost cooked return to the risotto and add the last of the stock. Bring back up to simmer then switch it off. Add
100ml olive oil and whip it in with wooden spoon until creamy.
8) Place risotto on plate, top with barramundi and drizzle with olive oil to serve